Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
1. I collect frogs. This is new I know but she does not know that I now collect frogs. They have not taken over the obsession over flamingo's, its just a new addition to my growing collection of obsessions.
2. I have gotten pretty darn good at tack quilting.
3. I have been called Grammy for the first time in my whole life and it was the most glorious thing I have ever heard.
4. The quilting group that I started at church is going like crazy. We have given away 4 quilts at a nursing home, 4 quilts to the homeless shelter, 1 to a new member 2 to babies that were baptized, and 30 patchwork quilted frogs the kids that came in with their parents to the food ministry over christmas. We are getting ready for a new project. We will be making approx. 80 pillow shams for national Guard members that will be shipping off in April. Others will transfer pictures of family members onto the pillow shams. I think thats pretty cool.
5. I fantisise constently about opening a new store. "Oh that would be a good location, wow that would make a great place for a store". It has to stop. (sighs) it will never happen.
6. oh oh I know! I came up with a dish for dinner that is sooooooooooooo good. OMG I can't believe how good I can cook if I really put my mind to it.
7. It has been 1 year and 4 months since I quit smoking!!
There I did it. It was hard and took forever but I did it.
Oh and Cis don't forget I still need you to come and shop the closet for gift wrap and bags.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
This Christmas give a hug to one you love. And not one of those short hugs either. I mean one of those long hugs. The kind that makes the other person either want more or wonder when your gonna let go. Give it all you got.
My grandmother is 91 years old. As I understand this could very well be the last time I see her I know that while I am with her this Christmas I will cherrish every moment I have. This will be the best Christmas ever.
Merry Christmas to each ALL of my family!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Ok this is so exciting. I learned how to make a new craft today. Now I learned this from TV wont say where or who but after you see it I am sure someone will figure it out. That aside and really does not matter.
The Zipper rose pin. This pin is made from 1/2 of a long zipper. After I made it I attached a brouch pin to it. OMG the women at church are gonna go nuts. They already think I am some kind of genious. LOL and I am not about to change their minds. I ain't talking. This is so cool. You can make pins, attach them to purses or head bands or anything that could use this little embelishment.
Ok Cisco what do you think of this?
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Cisco, Freddie, Earnie, and a few others I met in chat 11 years ago. If it were not for them I would not be where I am today. Where I am today is out of an old marriage that was no good and abusive. Not physically but mentally it was there for me and for my daughter. Where I am today is with my current and last husband whom I am so very happy with and who treats me wiith the respect every woman deserves. Where I am today is with a family that gives me support through all my ideas no matter how crazy they are. Where I am today is where I don't have to say "what if" or "If only" because I got to do the what if and though it did not work I did it. I went out on a limb and did it. Opened a craft store and made it what I wanted it to be. I will never regret following that dream. I miss it so very much and who knows maybe one day again I can do it all over. (Come on Lottery). LOL
So thank you Cisco, freddie, earnie and especially Ven for everything you are to me and where you all helped to lead me where I am today.