Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Family

This year we are going to Florida for Christmas. I am going to see my grandmother for the first time in 15 years. We have stayed close and talk all the time on the phone and by mail but it has always been difficult to physically get together. It does remind me how important family is. It also reminds me that family comes in many forms. I have my blood relitive family and I have the family I married into. I also have other family like Cisco and my friends here like Cheryl and Linda. There is the family I have been out of touch with for a while now like freddie and kindred and many others. All of the people that I love are family in once way or another. I am greatful for the family that I have. I look forward to adding new members to my family. I pray I can keep the family I already have.
This Christmas give a hug to one you love. And not one of those short hugs either. I mean one of those long hugs. The kind that makes the other person either want more or wonder when your gonna let go. Give it all you got.
My grandmother is 91 years old. As I understand this could very well be the last time I see her I know that while I am with her this Christmas I will cherrish every moment I have. This will be the best Christmas ever.
Merry Christmas to each ALL of my family!

1 comment:

Kindred said...

Honey, family comes in many forms, not just in blood. If not for my extended family (yeah that includes you) I would not have survived these past few years. Merry Christmas to you all. I hope the New Year brings you loads of blessings.