Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Why am I like I am?

I wonder often what makes us who we are. How did we develop those personality traits? Lately I wonder why I have so much trouble with people that try to stifle who I am. You see I have this boss. It feels like he goes out of his way to make me as uncomfortable as possible. I am no longer allowed to have a picture of my family on my desk. I am no longer allowed to keep a picture box there that is all about one of my granddaughters. I am no longer allowed to keep a poster with the names of Jesus on it. And yes my office is at a church. I can do NOTHING right by this man. He has never ever told me from the day I started this job that I am doing a good job. He, however, has never failed to point out every tiny thing. Today it was bulletins. He wanted to know why there was white all around it. In my confussion as to what he was talking about because there was no white all around it however there was a sliver of white paper showing to the side of the bulletin because when the paper folder folded it it made the fold about 1/16th inch shorter on one side then the other. So the back of the bulletin was ever so slightly longer then the front. This of course is my fault and had never happend as far as he could tell ever. even though I have old bulletins in a file that look exactly like that. You see I have to deal with this every day. My stomach hurts when it is time to go to work. I am so unhappy there but the clencher is because I am unable to find fulltime work I cannot quit this job. because I would love to tell them I quit but I cant. So day after day I suck it up and take it on the chin and go into work.................sighs.

Thanks for the vent

No comments: