Sunday, November 23, 2008

Today

Today is a good day. I went to church. We (Chuck and I) are going to a friends house for a kindof pre-thanksgiving dinner. I am looking forward to spending time with them.
In church today I asked everyone to pray for our Quilting group as we are in need of a space. Right now we do everything out of my house. We store all of our supplies here and well its getting to be a bit much. This group is called "Quilting for the Community". We make tack quilts for people in nursing homes, the homeless shelter, new members, baptisms and anything else we can think of. We are making these really cute patchwork quilted frogs. 30 of them. They are going to the food bank to give out to the children that come in with their parents.


This is a picture of Harold Clayton when he got his quilt from us.





These are the frogs. Each one is quilted from
pieces stuffed with split peas and has a heart. They are fun and easy to make.


So far we have in just a month given a quilt to a new member, given 4 quilts out at the nursing home. Made 11 frogs and have 6 quilts. One for new girl and one for new boy and three for the homeless shelter. The rest on standby for those short notice occations. We keep crankin them out and see the joy on those faces that receive one. I love doing this.
These are just a few of the quilts we have made.






Log Cabin Twisted 9 patch Turning 20
I am also an avid scrapbooker. I love anything to do with paper and pictures and telling a story. I also do altered books. I will post a picture of the last one as soon as I can take it. I make picture boxes, explosion books. I also do professional scrapbooks for the Historic Society, the Tri-City Bass Masters, Arts Richmond and one for the Junior Wemens Club.
Well I have to get ready for the dinner with friends. I hope today and everyday is creative and fun.
Minxie





No comments: